Monday, May 5, 2008

May 5, 2008

Item #1: Day 21 of 30 of vegetables with dinner. I had a bunch of baby carrots. H had a tomato. Bethany asked in yesterday's post how we were reacting to having vegetables. I'll let H speak for himself ... he'll probably just comment to this post. Me? I am so sick of vegetables. I have never been a huge fan of them, and there are many kinds I don't like, so I am pretty much having the same vegetables over and over and over. Boring. And, in my opinion, pretty tasteless. But, only about a week and a half to go, so I am toughing it out, lest I have to start all over again. That'd be a nightmare. For me, anyway.

Item #62: After reading an article on how much sleep deprivation messes with people's heads, we've decided to start tackling this item, tonight. It's not hard for me to get 8 hours of sleep at night. I actually prefer nine. H, though, struggles to get enough, every night. We looked at our calendar, and it's possible and reasonable for us to have lights out at 10:30 every night, which will allow him to get his 8 solid hours. So, we're going to give it a shot. The tricky part for me is that I prefer to stay up until 11. And I tend to sleep MUCH better when I've had a "head start," which means I really need to be in bed by 10. Which is less than an hour and half from now. *looking around* And I have about 2 hours worth of stuff I'd like to do. So, I'm going to aim for being in bed with a book by 9:30. Wish us luck!

Item #101: One of the things that I wanted to get to tonight is to sort through all of our clothes. Okay, not all of them in the next hour ... but at least one closet or dresser drawer full. I tackled one side of a closet this afternoon & pulled out about 8 items. I'm motivated to do so, because we have a charity making rounds on Wednesday morning, picking things up. Perfect timing, right? Except for the fact that there's not enough time to go through it all (and I don't even own that much ... it just takes time to try things on & make decisions!). Again ... wish us luck!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Wow! Sounds like a lot of work, and a struggle to find the time - but you are doing a fantastic job! I'm impressed.