Thursday, September 18, 2008

September 18, 2008

Item #29: We are on our last day of a month with no fast food! I am confident we'll make it through the remainder of the day, so I'll just go ahead and check this one off. We have decided to make this a regular challenge for us -- so our plan is that starting tomorrow, we can have fast food, if we want. Once we have fast food, the clock resets & we have to wait another month ... or more, if we feel like it ... and we'll just keep repeating it!

Item #41: I'm waiting for H to try his next 3 foods, and then we'll be done with this one, too. *grin* Comically, I tried 2 more on Tuesday -- parsnips and cauliflower. They were minced & melded into a cold salad, and they were pretty tasty, but I don't know if I'd rush out and have more of it tomorrow.
edit: I forgot to give H credit for the lima beans he tried last week. He only has 2 more foods to try. And he's trying to weasel out of it.

Item #51: According to the gym scale, I'm down 5 pounds ... according to the one at home, I've lost 2. Either way, it's the right direction. H weighs in tomorrow ... and I fully expect that he will have lost some weight, too!

Item #79: I made chocolate chip cookies & sent them with H to take into work, for no reason, yesterday. It turned out that they were dealing with some massive, unexpected issues ... so the cookies were much appreciated!!!

Item #81: I used up one of the refill bottles for handsoap & pitched it in the recycling. Slowly our stash is shrinking. Soon, we'll be completely out of travel-size shampoo (okay, I'm saving a couple of bottles for houseguests), and we'll have to start buying it at the store!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

You are making fantastic progress!! I love your fast food idea - it's a good way to allow yourself a treat, but not over-do it. I may borrow your idea if that is okay. :)