Thursday, August 7, 2008

August 7, 2008

Item #99: Our evening's plans brought us out to Aurora, and we decided we'd find a new restaurant to try. Our options were heavily limited a we saw a Subway & a place that required metered parking (and us, with no quarters on hand!), and Walter Payton's Roundhouse. So, we went to the latter, which was tasty, but (a) pretty far afield from our usual travels and (b) way more expensive than we felt was reasonable considering the portion sizes & quality of the food. Don't get me wrong, the food was good ... just what I feel is comparable to TGIFriday's or Bennigan's, and I'd expect a similar sized bill. I guess we paid to dine in the virtual presence of greatness. Regardless, we don't regret it (and we do have a few leftovers), but I don't think we'll rush to go back! So, now we've tried SIX new restaurants ... but none have prompted us to complete Item #30!

No comments: